Length of Sweden Sverigetempot - 2016
Sweden Sverigetempot is a long distance endurance cycle event from the north of Sweden to the south of Sweden. Randonneurs Sverige will be organising the 2016 edition of Length of Sweden Sverigetempot in cooperation with CK Distans. The starting point is situated north of the Arctic circle. The riders will get the opportunity to ride their bikes in the midnight sun during the first night of the ride.
The ride is held in the randonné style. The riders are expected to be able to ride their bikes for several days and nights with minimal support and service.
- Starting date: Saturday 16 July 2016 and Sunday 17 July 2016
- Starting time: 16 July: 09:00 (maximum time: 177 hrs). 17 July: 09:00 (maximum time 144 hrs)
- Distance close to 2100 kilometers (approx. 1305 miles)
- Time limit 177 hours
- Starting point Riksgränsen, 68°26’5.4″N 18°6’29.4″E, on the road right at the border between Sweden and Norway
- Finish point Smygehamn (Smygehuk), 55°20’14.1″N 13°21’35.9″E
- Prerace meetings will be in Katterjåkk, some 3 kilometers from the starting point
- Starting point Riksgränsen, in the north of Sweden. On the road right at the border between Sweden and Norway
- Finish point Smygehamn (Smygehuk) in the very south of Sweden
- The route sheet will be available in English and Swedish
- GPS, the finalised route will be available as a GPS-track