Sverigetempot - 2014
Sverigetempot is a long distance endurance cycle event from the north of Sweden to the south of Sweden. CK Distans will be organising the 2014 edition of Sverigetempot. The starting point is situated north of the Arctic circle. The riders will get the opportunity to ride their bikes in the midnight sun during the first night of the ride.
The ride is held in the randonné style. The riders are expected to be able to ride their bikes for several days and nights with minimal support and service.
- Starting Wednesday, June 25, 2014 at 09:00 in the morning or at 21:00 in the evening and the 'fast group' Thursday, June 26, 2014 at 09:00 in the morning
- 2014-06-25 09:00: you are planning for a total time of 155 - 177 hours
- 2014-06-25 21:00: you are planning for a total time of 132 - 165 hours
- 2014-06-26 09:00: you are planning for a total time of no more than 132 hours
- Distance close to 2100 kilometers (approx. 1305 miles)
- Time limit 177 hours
- Starting point Riksgränsen, on the road right at the border between Sweden and Norway
- Finish point Smygehamn (Smygehuk)
- Prerace meetings will be in Katterjåkk, some 3 kilometers from the starting point
- Registration fee 4000 SEK
- Registration closes May 31, 2014
- No registration at all after May 31, 2014
- Please note that after March 31, 2014 the registration fee will be 4000 SEK.
- Included in the registration fee:
- Cue sheet
- Accident insurance
- Pasta buffé the evening before departure.
- Bags forwarded from Riksgränsen to Smygehuk
- Two bagdrops available on the route
- Manned control in Östersund (940 km). Light food, hot and cold drinks, snacks.
- Manned control at the finish in Smygehuk. Food and room.
- Embroidered Sverigetempot-patch for the official finishers.
- Send an email with your name, team (optional), starting date and time and nationality to firstname.lastname@example.org. In reply you will receive payment instructions. Your registration will be completed upon payment.
- Half of the registration fee will be refunded by the organizer until 2014-04-28, upon presentation of a medical certificate dated no later than this date. Thereafter, no refund from the organizer.
- You are allowed to transfer your right to start to another person up until the start date.
- Starting point Riksgränsen, in the north of Sweden. On the road right at the border between Sweden and Norway
- Finish point Smygehamn (Smygehuk) in the very south of Sweden
- The route sheet will be available in English and Swedish
- GPS, the finalised route will be available as a GPS-track
- Map of the preliminary route. No major changes to the route are expected.
- There will be a number of checkpoints along the route
- The riders will be issued brevet cards to be signed at the checkpoints
- The Östersund checkpoint will be staffed by the organisers
- One 300 kilometer (or longer) brevet during 2014.